If you’ve got general waste for disposal after a spring clean we’ve got a light waste bin for you. At Skip Bins Online we’re committed to the responsible disposal of waste so it’s important that you only place specific items in your hire skip.
A General Waste bin has a weight limit of 150kgs per cubic meter, suitable for most light domestic or commercial waste; it can also contain light green waste.
Heavy tree trunks/roots, concrete, brick, roof tiles, aggregates, sand, dirt, soil or building/renovation waste are likely to exceed the weight limit and should not be included and you should select either Mixed Heavy Waste or Mixed Waste with Soil
Examples of what can be placed in this waste type are listed below:
You CAN place these things in the bin:
- Household waste like clothes, toys, cardboard, paper, kitchenware etc…
- Furniture and appliances like cupboards, lounges, fridges and washing machines etc…
- Light Commercial waste like office furniture, stationery, etc…
- Light green waste like shrubs, grass clippings twigs etc…
N.B: An idea to keep your weight limit to a minimum is to throw over an old tarp to cover your bin in wet weather.
You CAN’T place these things in the bin:
- Bricks, soil, concrete, fibro, tiles, dirt, sand or stone, rocks and pebbles etc…
- Home or commercial renovation materials. e.g. Gyprock, fibro, internal wall timbers.
- Treated timber like retaining walls, decking and floorboards
- Palm tree trunks, tree trunks and roots
- Turf or soil with turf attached.
- Synthetic grass call for a quote 1300 895 246 or email us.
- Carpet, Underlay or Vinyl call for a quote 1300 895 246 or email us.
- In SA Computer Monitors OR TV’s call for quote 1300 895 246 or email us.
- In QLD NO Truck or Car tyres.
- Hazardous materials like asbestos, insulation, liquids, empty chemical containers, food, wet paint tins, non-perishable or perishable food, perishable materials (likely to decay, spoil or putrefy) etc…
N.B: Paints can be disposed of if empty and the lids MUST be off.
You will be charged for the excess weight and/or incorrect waste as in accordance with your order. When you tick the terms and conditions you agree that the bin will be picked up and weighed and should your bin be over the weight limit or contaminated you will be notified by your supplier. Your supplier must upon your request produce a weigh docket displaying your excess weight and/or contamination.
Why hire from Skip Bins Online?
We're 100% Australian owned and committed to providing a high quality service. Our online quote, order and payment system is quick and easy and our prices competitive. Just let us know what you’re disposing of and how much and we’ll supply exactly what you need. For an instant quote fill out our online form or call us today.