Monday to Friday
Bookings available 24/7 online
My Blog Post
Recycling Locations Available
Mattresses often incur high additional costs at waste facilities on top of the hired bin costs. A better disposal method instead of placing it in a skip bin is to recycle your mattress through Soft Landing for a minimal fee. They are a mattress recycling and refurbishment social enterprise operated by Mission Australia.
Soft Landing can pick up your mattress – Phone 1800 SOFT LANDING (1800 763 852) to arrange a collection. Fees apply
Alternatively you can drop the mattress off at one of their collection points
We will have more recycling option here soon
Why Choose Skip Bins Online
Our regular and increasing customer base, from all parts of Australia, are happy to rely on Skip Bins Online for a wide variety of reasons. Please consider the following when making your choice…
• Our team works constantly to find the most competitive prices when meeting either your commercial or domestic skip bin hire needs. This site is regularly updated when we find such value, which is why you should always expect to save at least 10% when booking online.
• We are proud to be a completely Australian-owned and operated family business, understanding the needs of our many customers right across this great country, through each and every state or territory.
• We do not operate through any anonymous or far-away call centres. We guarantee that whenever you call 1300 895246 Monday through Friday, your call will be answered by one of the team that own and operate Skip Bins Online. For example, if you are not sure whether you have enough space for the delivery of a skip bin, just call us and we can talk through your needs and options.
• Our highly qualified staff are primed and ready to help with your enquiries. We take the time to understand your specific needs and then offer the best – and best value – skip bin hire solution. If you want to know more about which waste materials can be placed in your skip bin, the permissible weight limits, or anything else you are concerned about, simply give us a call.
• We provide a large variety of bin options and sizes to suit so many different, and often unique, waste solutions. Generally, you’ll be able to hire a skip bin for sizes of between two and 30 cubic metres through Skip Bins Online. You can always call us on 1300 895246 so that we can jointly consider your specific needs, or you can refer to the page on this site that helps you assess the size and type of skip bin you’ll need for the materials you are removing from your home or business.
• For your peace of mind, we always take care to be sure that any company we use as our skip bin providers have a minimum of $10,000,000 in public liability insurance.
• We know that security of payment is always expected. We only accept secured online payment bookings, you can use any of the major credit cards, and we also accept EFT payments when you book your skip bin hire at least two days in advance.
• You may want to book your skip bin well in advance, and that’s no problem. But Skip Bins Online now offers next day delivery for most orders placed up to 8pm; and this service is available throughout most central and suburban areas of Sydney, Newcastle, Melbourne, Brisbane, Cairns, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart. Most suppliers allow you to keep their bins for between three and seven days, and offer daily rates for longer periods. You can usually arrange earlier collection than a specified date by contacting your supplier (their details are always on your invoice); you can also contact them should you find that you’ll need your skip bin for longer than first realised.
These are just some of the many reasons why so many people choose us for a truly hassle-free way of quickly sourcing exactly the skip bin they need when clearing materials from their commercial or domestic property. So, how can we help you?
Best Price For General Light Waste
THE GENERAL LIGHT WASTE SKIP BIN
All general waste skip bins, have a weight limit 150kg per cubic metre, what does this mean to our customers that are willing to do the right thing, they pay less for their skip bin hire.
All skip bins have strict restriction on what waste, is acceptable and what waste is not. Incorrect waste, placed in any skip will incur an additional charge. However, the difference with a general waste skip is the price, see with a general waste skip it is according to the weight limit of the skip. This is to make sure when you make the right choice you pay less and only if you should exceed the weight limit are you charged extra.
Skip Bins Online recommends you take the time to go over the below, so that you completely understand what is classified as general rubbish.
When choosing a general waste skip bin please consider the following:
The general waste skip bin is used for just that general waste, things that are in your home or office on day to day bases, such as electrical goods, white goods, cupboards, unwanted personal objects, furniture, toys, books, office furniture, light building waste such as dry timber, and light green foliage such as grass clippings. Everyday items, those things we all collect that either need replacing or updating that have accumulated over time that just need be sorted, trimmed & cleared out.
What should not to be placed in a general waste skip, are things like bricks, soil, concrete, carpet, pebbles, tiles, sandstone, heavy renovation waste, heavy landscape waste, tree trunks. All of these items are classified as heavy waste.
Should you require a skip for heavy materials you will find a skip bin to suit your waste disposal needs with Skip Bins Online but these items are definitely not suited for a general waste skip, if you wish to stay within your weight limit.
In summary the general waste bin, to hire is one of the cheapest waste type bins, if you follow Skip Bins Online strict guidelines for this waste category and never fill the bin above the rim, than you should not pay more for your skip. If you do exceed your weight limit the skip bin provider will supply you with a copy of your tip docket and you will be charge the amount that is.
Ignoring these directions though, will result in you being required to pay more. Remembering you have entered into an agreement to pay any additional tip fees should any be required direct to the skip bin provider who supplied your skip bin. The extra weight charges can be seen upon your quote and again repeated on your confirmation email, also again on the same email you will be reminded of what can and cannot go in your general waste skip bin. STRICTLY NO HARZARDOUS WASTE.
From a waste facility prospective this bin when used for general waste only, becomes a bin that is easily sorted and recycled, minimizing landfill waste and resulting in an Environmentally Friendly Option
Please let us all do the right thing when it comes to waste disposal in Australia for future generations.
Other Waste Categories Available:
Mixed Heavy (suitable for combination mixed and general waste)
Mixed rubble (Sand, dirt/clay bricks, sandstone, pebbles, rocks, roof & floor tiles, concrete rubble (no bigger than 600 x 600) No other materials of any sort except what is specified
Household (no weight limit) this bin is also suited for general waste ONLY. The difference between a general waste and household waste bin, is there is no weight limit on a household bin and most times the household bin is more expensive, but the same rules apply incorrect waste will incur additional charges
Clean Waste (suitable for 1 waste material only) sand & dirt or concrete or pavers or tiles NO WASTE CAN BE COMBINED.
DID YOU KNOW…?
In NSW alone local councils can spend up to combined 10 million a year cleaning up rubbish that has been illegally dumped by individuals or businesses. For the larger council this can equate to around $400,000 annually.
Auburn council can in one week remove as much as 10 tonne of illegally dumped rubbish
with 8871 illegal dumping incidents rubbish within Rockdale council
Tier 3 – on-the-spot fines
- $750 on-the-spot fine for individuals for illegal dumping up to a maximum of $1500
- $1500 on-the-spot fines for corporations for illegal dumping up to a maximum of $5000
Tier 2 – use of land as waste facility without lawful authority
- Maximum penalty in the case of an individual: $250,000 and, in the case of a continuing offence, a further penalty of $60,000 for each day the offence continues
- Maximum penalty in the case of a corporation: $1,000,000 and in the case of a continuing offence, a further penalty of $120,000
Tier 1 – disposal of waste: harm to the environment
- Maximum penalty in the case of an individual: $1,000,000 and/or 7 years’ imprisonment
- Maximum penalty in the case of a corporation: $5,000,000
Our easy to use website allows you to choose the right skip bin for the job, compare quotes from your local providers and then securely order and pay. Save time, effort and money with Skip Bins Online